Skip to main content

Grateful Dead Live at Cleveland Public Hall on 1973-12-06

Disc 1
1) They Love Each Other [5:10]
2) Greatest Story Ever Told [5:45]
3) China Cat Sunflower -> [7:24]
4) I Know You Rider [7:28]

Disc 2

1) Dark Star! -> [41:14]
2) Eyes of the World -> [13:21]
3) Stella Blue [8:46]

Collection GratefulDead
Band/Artist Grateful Dead
Venue Cleveland Public Hall
Location Cleveland, OH

Source S:MR>Cass>SonicSolutions>DAT>ZA2>CD
Transferred by Rod Nayfield

Notes

Notes: Reel Splice in Eyes - on Master Reel.

rod@nycheads.com

Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:41:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rod Nayfield
Subject: Re: [siteops] can anyone confirm GD 731206

I have been getting a lot of mail on this one recently.
So a couple of FAQs (or frequently given answers, FGAs)

* Yes, the date is correct

* I have been told that this was played at the "public hall" across the
street from the convention center. Either way, it WAS in cleveland.

* The fragments of the show (as below) are what circulates with this
lineage. There may be other versions circulating. I do not have them.

* The entry in the taper's compendium Vol I. refers to a previously
circulating version and only has the list of what was on that tape.

* The entry in deadlists.com is complete but you have to read through the
entire entry to see that china>rider was played.

* Early deadbases (DB 6? 8?) are not complete. However DB X and XI do
list the entire setlist.

* The cut in stella blue is on the master reel.

-Rod

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Burma wrote:

> this is the text file but im not sure where the Stella Blue comes from ,
> does anyone know if there is a version floating around with the missing
> songs from set 1 and set 2
>
> Burma
>
> The Grateful Dead
> 12/06/73 - Cleveland OH
>
> Disc 1
> 1) They Love Each Other [5:10]
> 2) Greatest Story Ever Told [5:45]
> 3) China Cat Sunflower -> [7:24]
> 4) I Know You Rider [7:28]
>
> Disc 2
>
> 1) Dark Star! -> [41:14]
> 2) Eyes of the World -> [13:21]
> 3) Stella Blue [8:46]

Reviews

Reviewer: craw - - March 11, 2009
Subject: why china rider seperate?
for the love of all that is good and holy why are there splices between seamless jams in china rider and dark star etc.....WTF????
Reviewer: boohabi - - May 21, 2008
Subject: This is the finest China>Rider
This show holds the absolute best transitional jam between China and Rider. Hands down. I remeber Gans swearing up and down about it on the Hour, back in the day. Can't believe it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I've never even listened to the rest of the show because of it. Dark Star>Eyes probably rocks, but that little jam is stellar.
Stream Only
Stream playlist
( VBR )
In Collection
Grateful Dead
In Collection
Live Music Archive
Uploaded by
Matthew Vernon
on 5/17/2008
3,027
Favorites
PEOPLE ALSO FOUND
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
1,005
( 1 reviews )
Source: Updated
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
( 1 reviews )
Source: AUD: Nakamichi CM300/CP4 shotguns > Sony TC-D5M > Maxell MX-90s, with no Dolby. Set up to the right (stage left) of the SBD.
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
Source: Master Audience Recorded By Steve Hill, Transfer By Keo; Nakamichi CM100/CP4 Shotguns > Sony D5, Tapes:Maxell UDXLII 90's; Tapes Labelled:Nakamichi 100 Guns - Sandy; Transfer With Nakamichi MR-1 > Korg MR-1000 @ 1 Bit/5.6 MHz; Tracking/Sample Rate Conversion/Flacked With AudioGate V.3.0.2 To 24/96 kHz; Metadata Tagging With Tag&Rename
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
Source: Nakamichi CM-300 (CP-1) x2 > Cassette Master (Sony TCD5M/Maxell UDXLII C-90); Cassette Master (Nakamichi DR-1) > Korg MR-1000 (1-bit/5.6MHz) > Audiogate (1-bit/5.6MHz > 24-bit/96KHz) > Soundforge 9.0 (edits); Recorded by Bob Morris
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
Source: dave homes dat master;
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
Source: Nakamichi CM-300 x2 > Cassette Master (Sony TCD5M/Maxell MX 90) Taper Section 5, Row O, Seat 14
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
Source: FOB AUD: 2x Nakamichi CM300/CP4 shotguns > Nakamichi 550 > Maxell XLII 90's, mics on stand, set up in the arena riser center, end of floor facing the stage
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
Source: Master Audience Recorded By Steve Hill, Transfer By Keo; Nakamichi CM100/CP4 Shotguns > Sony D5, Tapes:Maxell UDXLII 90's; Tapes Labelled:Nakamichi 100 Guns - Sandy; Transfer With Nakamichi MR-1 > Korg MR-1000 @ 1 Bit/5.6 MHz; Tracking/Sample Rate Conversion/Flacked With AudioGate V.3.02 To 24 Bit/96 kHz; Metadata Tagging With Tag&Rename
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
Source: Source: (FOB) AT853a [cardioids/xy] > Panasonic SV-255;
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
Source: Nakamichi Shotgun Mics>Sony D-5>Marantz PMD430